Helping You Be Present in Your Child’s Life

For unwed couples, establishing paternity for shared children is a tad more complicated than for married couples. If both the mother and father agree on who the father is and are on board with establishing legal paternity, then all that must be done is to sign the Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity Form. 

If there is no cooperation, though, you might have to go to Superior Court in order to establish paternity for your child. Not establishing paternity means that your child might go without certain government benefits or health insurance. Additionally, establishing paternity could be a glide path to obtaining a parenting plan that places both parents in the life of the child. 

Monahan Law Firm is prepared to take your paternity case to court in order to get to the truth so your child is properly cared for. Reach out to us to see how we can provide legal counsel in your paternity case.